I'm officially a permanent cashier at Wal-mart. I will most likely stay that way until we have my in-laws paid off (they helped pay for our ac/heater in November). I know money isn't everything, but this job has helped sooooo much! Right now I'm checking out people that have made a lot of New Year's resolutions...they've got a lot of fruits and vegetables, and they have yoga mats and sports bras.
I've been thinking a lot about my New Year's resolutions. Here is what I've come up with so far:
1. Get in better health. Next week I have yet another appointment with my ENT, and he will be looking at blockage in my right sinus under my eye. If he doesn't like what he sees next week, we're looking at surgery. I really want to be off all the antibiotics (they are wrecking havoc on other areas of my body). And of course there's the weight...I'm still 80 pounds overweight. So eating right and exercising need to be high on my to-do list. Drinking 8-8oz glasses of water a day is another big goal of mine.
2. I need to be a better time manager. There are so many things on my daily to-do list and yet here I am sitting on the computer. Maybe the computer just needs to be turned off.
3. My house needs daily help, and there are some days I completely ignore it. So doing one load of laundry a day (at least) and washing dishes every day need to be a resolution.
4. The kids' school work. We're trying to get back in our groove here. Both of the girls are reading! Their bedtime story right now is Pinocchio, last month was Alice in Wonderland. We need to continue to read to them every night, and I need to stay on top of their school work. I need to work especially hard on Addie's spelling. This Summer I want to graduate two 1st graders with flying colors!
5. I need to find a way to read the whole Bible this year! There are days I've completely ignored that Book, so I need to change that! Daily prayer time is also something that needs done. I can't ignore this area of my life anymore since I can't make it to church every Sunday thanks to Wal-mart.